Zhan Long Discussion~ No Spoilers Please!

Discussion in 'General Novel Discussion' started by Ciel, Jan 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager

True. I also find it confusing but oh well, I enjoyed every chapter of ZL so I just ignored it and moved on to the next chapter

2. Korsbaek

Korsbaek New Member

unless you are further ahead then the current released translation we dont know if there is going to be a nerf again and im thinking that there is going to be one when the weapon is fully evolved(given it can i asume it does evolve again) they are going to need to nerf it in 1 of 2 ways in my opinion1 being the same way as last time or the other is indirect nerf(releasing new tiers, making skills or abilitys that counter act it)

3. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager
    That is only a possibility and not certain. But just what everybody says, everything is possible.

4. Korsbaek

Korsbaek New Member

true but i would like others opinion on it as it is always fun and interesting seeing how other sees it.

5. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager
    What's the current situation on ZL?

I didn't read for like 8 chapters now because of LMS :(

6. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager
    I hope there are good new on ZL rather than bad. hmmmm

7. Fong

Fong Translator

Staff Member Translator
    When MC negotiated to have his sword obtain the ability to evolve twice, it gained a property that allows high level blacksmiths to upgrade it.
    When his sword upgraded to Demon, it was done through fusing with a catalyst that is meant for upgrading even without that property so it did not count towards the limit.

notbatman14 likes this.
  8. Korsbaek

Korsbaek New Member

if my memory serves me right it was never stated it should be done by a blacksmiths skills heck the first upgrade if i remember right was not done by a blacksmith
    my guess is that they have implemented 2 items that will upgrade the weapon but the one that made it a demon weapon was not one of them and would have worked on any item in the game

9. notbatman14

notbatman14 New Member

Yeah, I suppose it isn't with a blacksmith either.
    Because the first evolution is done on chapter 439.
    *Used spoiler below in-case you haven't read until chapter 439 yet.
    *Shouldn't actually be considered spoiler since the story is already translated till 738 already.

He got the first stone translated as "Gold Evolution Gem" from the SSS Tier Main Story Quest called "Warring State Period"

Description of the item :

[God Evolution Gem] : It can evolve an item one tier. Once it has been used, it will disappear. It is a holy relic.
    So, considered that item, it wouldn't be surprising either if the actual item to be used for the next evolution of the item is from some quest too.

And also considering there hasn't been any mention of any other equipment or anybody else having an equipment that can evolve. (not upgrade or combine, but evolve)
    *since weapon could upgrade (be made to +7) very easily if you have the resource

With the description of the Demon Harvest Tier thing (from chapter 628)
    [Sacred Heaven Sword] (Demon Harvest Tier)

Attack: 0-0

Introduction: Legend has it that when the world was first created, the gods all descended upon the earth and taught the people how to harvest and create tools. The ancient humans used the spirit power of the gods to create a weapon to show to them. It was this Sacred Heaven Sword that. The Sacred Heaven Sword had not been unsealed yet and there wasn’t a sword spirit in its body. All it has is a strong and durable body and can meld with any weapon, adding +2 to its tier. Furthermore, the weapon will retain its stats and special skills. Melding them together will only increase the stats.

*again, should not be considered spoiler since its should considered be know already until current translation.

The description for it clearly said 'melding', so I suppose I would anticipate there would be in future another 'evolution' for the weapon.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  10. Fong

Fong Translator

Staff Member Translator
    It's not explicitly stated (yet). All I can say is that the count is deducted when upgraded by a blacksmith.

11. notbatman14

notbatman14 New Member

Do I sense like you have already read everything including the untranslated part?
    If you have, can you just tell me which chapter it is that the next 'evolve' happen?
    Just the chapter number, nothing about the detail, that way it won't be spoiler, everyone who doesn't understand the chinese text still need to wait for translation. Hahaha.

12. Korsbaek

Korsbaek New Member

that is technically a spoiler tho it is not a huge spoiler but still a spoiler.

and it would be much appreciated if there is no spoilers(can also mean no facts so any statements that cant be made to look like it is a deduction, a question or an opinion leave them out)

13. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager
    but, you're also at fault here because you keep on asking things like that. Maybe try not to ask questions like that. Thank you

14. Korsbaek

Korsbaek New Member

how is it my mistake?
    its a discussion tread and it says no spoilers
    is it wrong wanting to talk about possible outcomes and how people sees it the story so far? it just shows how great it is and how interesting things are.
    but it might seems i misunderstood what the word discussion means

15. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager
    1. Asking questions that may lead to possible SPOILER would be the same thing. You asked him about that topic over and over again and it may end up in SPOILERS. Please read your previous conversations on how many times did you asked the other guy about that topic? If its a one time question-answer portion then its okay because the guy who's answering the question may control what he's going to answer . But if you ask too many questions and you want to have a DETAILED answer then that's where the problem will arise. Please understand that the guy who is answering your question may or may not make mistakes since we are all human so stop pushing him or asked him detailed answer about your question that may lead to spoilers being thrown.

2. I know that you wanted to discussed these matter because it bothers you a lot and here at the forums, we want to answer your questions to satisfy your curiousity. But, please also understand that asking too many questions about the same topic on every conversation may lead to spoiler. We have to accept that not every guy in the forum can limit their answers if you ask the same question over and over again.

My point is, DO NOT ask questions over and over again if you don't want the answers to lead in to spoilers because you the other guy who's answering is like a cornered rat. Did you get my point?

Thank you. This is just my opinion. No offense intended. I am sorry if I made a long explanation.

16. Korsbaek

Korsbaek New Member

you do know i asked the question one time then got some answers(one from you to(with the assumption i was not up to date and after clearing that out you answered the next post i made to(was not a qustion but to fix the misunderstanding and my look on how a possible nerf could look like) or at least i think that was the assumption) then i gave a replay with a general statement about theories and like them as much as discussing them, after that comes the start to the problem but at that time it was not stated as a spoiler tho but could be interpenetrated as someone remembering the first upgrade wrong then me and someone else points out that some part was wrong in it as it talked about a Blacksmith but the first upgrade was not done by any blacksmith work we know of after that it is stated as a spoiler if the one saying the next upgrade is done by a blacksmith then all it toke for him to avoid the spoiler is instead of saying it is a spoiler could talk about how it could be a way for Zhan long to get the mining/blacksmithing pair that helped Zhan long before to finally join Zhan Long(i have not read more here and is just a possible way it might work out) those mixing some unknown fact and theory but without stating it to be a spoiler so none would be the wiser about it other then the poster himself and no problem would come about it(yes i looked trough all my 8 posts and the qustion is only asked once)

17. Fong

Fong Translator

Staff Member Translator
    What I said is not a spoiler in the way you're thinking.

1 - Regular blacksmiths so far can only create new weapons. <- established

2 - There are items that can forcibly upgrade the tiers like the one MC used for upgrading to Demon <- not a spoiler.

^ It didn't use up an evolve count which brings me to...

3 - If upgrading through items directly doesn't eat up the count, then it's probably only if done through blacksmiths

^That is simply my explanation of a game mechanic that the author hasn't outright stated through exposition.

If I were to talk about...

THAT would be a true story spoiler.

Unless you want me to lie.

18. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager

Well

19. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager
    I hope they create a Country Weapon (no matter which country) that has this kind of attributes. it would be very OP for sure.

ifunny.co/fun/m9IPo7381?gallery=tag&query=fhhdf

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  20. leyuen

leyuen New Member

So what do you guys think about the latest chapter will Xiao Yao survive the 10 minutes?