General Typos for Way of Choices(ZTJ)

Discussion in 'General Novel Discussion' started by Pipipingu, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Pipipingu

Pipipingu Administrator

Staff Member Translator
    Due to a suggestion of a fellow fan (TastyPringle), why not open a thread for the typos that have been missed during editing?

If you see a typo, please enter below:
    • Chapter number
    • The paragraph it is in
    Please keep conversation in this thread to a minimal, as that will help up with the process in fixing typos :D

2. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 Active Member

chapter 255; paragraph; 9; "the use using her strength unsparingly to heal person after person, would she be able to hold on?" it is the last line of the paragraph and it should be "to keep using her strength..."

edit: also in 256 could you increase the font size of the first line as well most of the second paragraph because the words are so tiny even when the i increased the font size at the bottom of the page they were still quite small!! when you get to the chapter you will understand!!

edit 2: also chapter 257 has half of the first line of inconsistent font size so could you update it please?

it might just be for me but who knows maybe everyone has it as well...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Pipipingu likes this.
  3. DeathStroke96

hi again i guess... the latest chapter 290 3rd paragraph,its a small detail: Zhexiu had journeyed from the distant snowy plains to the capital and took part in the Grand Examination, not because he could enter the Mausoleum of Books and view the monoliths, but because he had heard rumors of Chen Changsheng's skills and wanted to him to treat his illness.

could you remove the "to" after wanted... rumors of chen changshen skills and wanted him to treat his illness...

dont know which paragraph this is just use ctrl+f and copy it in...;
    He ponder on how to describe this symptom, and after a long period of time, he recalled a phrase which would accurately describe the situation. He said to Nanke on the shore, "The reason why I could tell that you were ill at first glance is because you are…"

the problem here is also small just ad "ed" at the end of ponder... making it pondered

She looked as similar to a personwhose intelligence had yet to fully develop, moreover, her eyes seemed to lean towards the center.

just add space between personwhose... person whose...

Just use CTRL+F and Copy and Paste what i have pasted here and it will naturally take you to the problem as i am not counting the paragraphs!! as its more of a pain than anything possible!! Also Thanks for the hard work!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  4. hypersheep325

hypersheep325 Translator

Staff Member Translator
    I have corrected the typos in question.

DeathStroke96 likes this.
  5. DeathStroke96

chapter 295 3rd paragraph 1st line - Thee two transparent pools of water... is it "The" or "Three" im presuming its "the"... its a small one so no need to care that much about it, just wanted to mention it just in case...

6. Pipipingu

Pipipingu Administrator

Staff Member Translator
  7. DeathStroke96

chapter 302; Chen Changsheng shook his head. “I am not saying that you should not adopt this type of attitude. It is just that, if you really think this way, have you never considered that nobody can be perfect before reaching the final moment of their lives, even if they constantly try their best? Since victory or defeat has not even been determined, why must we feel ashamed beforehand?” - could you add a comma after considered? or is it just me? because as i was reading it, it sounded kind of weird...
    considered, that nobody can be perfect... (i might be wrong on this, but just in case, i wanted to let you guys know)

edit: c303: Xu Yourong said, "Contrarily, I believe that it was your words you said on that night that make sense. If I wasn't trying to be brave, then perhaps I wouldn't have even been injured."
    could you change the your before word to "the" it would sound better i think: i believe that it was the words you said... or perhaps... i believe that your words, that you spoke that night make sense... i think that the first version sounds better...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  8. TastyPringle

TastyPringle New Member

http://gravitytales.com/novel/way-of-choices/ztj-chapter-360

Su Li really was a little annoyed and said, “I already said that their people who didn’t make the cut, so how would I know who they are?”
    ->
    Su Li really was a little annoyed and said, “I already said that [they're] people who didn’t make the cut, so how would I know who they are?”

If it is because of dignity, I can go ask for the help.
    ->
    If it is because of dignity, I can [be the one to ask for help.]
    This is only a suggestion.

I haven't been doing my part in reporting typos and the like. I'll make up for it when I reread ZTJ in the future.

9. TastyPringle

TastyPringle New Member

http://gravitytales.com/novel/way-of-choices/ztj-chapter-361
    Of course, even if these people who loathed me were even more numerous, they wouldn't be in the mainstream,
    ->
    Of course, even if these people who loathed me were even more numerous, they wouldn't be in the [majority],
    Using the word "mainstream" here isn't wrong, but the way the sentence is set up makes it awkward.

Maybe:
    Of course, even if these people who loathed me were even more numerous, they wouldn't be the mainstream,
    But that still feels weird to me.