Suggestion The new vote option

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Morinu, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Morinu

Morinu New Member

First of all, I really like this idea. Its a very nice concept and so far it seems bugless, which is even greater. However, I'll copy what I said in the comments of the announcements right here.

" Could I suggest hiding the vote-count or NOT listing them by highest vote count? I feel like it makes my votes way more biased."​

Because yes, I will currently only vote in novels that are currently top 5 because I know a novel like Seouls Soul Necromancer will never reach top 3. Imagine if votes were hidden though, I do believe it makes a fair chance at top 3. Also, I think it would be cool to see which novels are on top at the end of each week, kind of like jump magazine. Some novels will be WAY more hyped in some weeks then in others.

Little sidenote: Should Dungeon Hunter (finished novel) be in there?

TLDR; Don't show votecount, randomize(?) order of showing novels, remove completed novels

derfnorth likes this.
  2. derfnorth

derfnorth New Member

i agree i think this is a great idea as no one is going to vote for a novel at the bottom of the list even if it is their favorite.

3. WitchCraft

WitchCraft New Member

ehhhh, Classified....
    I vote for stuff that's down all the time... I don't think it's relevant to me personally, however I can see how some people would be swung by the number of votes.

4. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 Active Member

Personally I only vote for one of the first three... then i either vote for the ones below top 3 and sometimes the ones at the bottom... but what i would prefer if the ranking system were to be improved is that the no.1 winner should not be included or should have a week or 2 cool down time where you cant vote for the winner again for at least a week or 2 so that new top 3 can be chosen and once it is done, the no.1 would have another week or 2 cool down - as it allows other novels to have a competing chance against MW and Im Really a SuperStar... also as it have been mentioned above shouldn't Dungeon Hunter be removed from that list as it is already finished - unless you guys are planning to split its votes and give half to Dimensional Sovereign and the other half to breakers?

Air of Winter and Morinu like this.
  5. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager
    Yeah, I agree with this one.

6. Carm

Carm Member

Something Somehow
    I agree.

7. Air of Winter

Air of Winter New Member

Indeed, that would be a good idea.

8. Shawn

Shawn New Member

I also suggest that we can directly vote on the page of the novel itself by adding a vote option on it as it is easy to vote in the novel page rather than visiting the ranking page and scrolling down up to the bottom part just to vote and find the novel you like. It can also reduce biased votes when someone votes because they don't have to frequently visit the ranking page and see the first rank again and again.

Air of Winter likes this.