Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by White Lotus, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Shoe_Rat

Shoe_Rat New Member

I never understood why the geography of the cities are H city and B city. I feel like having actual geographical names will be kind of cool.

From what I can understand-
    H city= Hangzhou
    B City= Beijing
    S city= Shanghai
    X city= Xian?
    T= Tianjing?
    G= Guanzhou?
    N= Nanjing?

2. Ezrial

Ezrial New Member

I can see a couple reasons, and I have seen this quite a few times in random webnovels, Chinese and Korean more particularly.

Firstly, this is referencing places that don't actually exist in cities, so similar to how TV shows have that disclaimer "Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental", this is their way of giving people a concept of the location's placement, without restricting themselves to actual geography, so author/artistic license can be applied to whatever differences they desire "It's not Beijing, it's 'B City' so I can do whatever I want rearranging places".

Secondly if you don't know the geography and location names, you can easily distinguish the locations without any reasons to have to remember unfamiliar names and confuse who's in what place. (I think this especially applies to Korean writings, I am not going to have a clue what's where by name).

So for citizens of a nation that might represent the place referred to in the novel, they can associate it with places in their country, if they so choose, or not, and for those of us who aren't citizens of that country and/or familiar with more than the largest cities, we can get on with reading it without trying to remember which city is which.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  3. Shoe_Rat

Shoe_Rat New Member

Ah that makes sense. I just prefer that the cities actually get names instead of letters. I mean H city is clearly Hangzhou according to the anime.

4. Artagna

Artagna New Member

Hello there fellow TKA fans.

I have a questions here.
    We already now that YX/YQ always hide his face/identity on every game, before he got kicked out of EE, but how tho ??? cuz we all know that this novel is the same like other MOBA we know(DOTA 2, LOL, etc) where the player has to be on stage for the tournament.

If there's anyone that can answer this silly question of mine i'll say thanks in advance.

btw sorry for my bad english

5. Fleur

Fleur New Member

Sadly no. Although there is a mutual understanding between the MC and one of the girls in the story, it was never really focused on. The author focused more on the game and the esports rather than romance.

6. the

the New Member

Will YX's twin brother, YQ, get more 'screen time'? It would be funny if at some point two YX's appeared in front of the team or in public and people react like one YX was enough.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017 at 11:17 AM