The future of The Kings Avatar

Discussion in 'General Novel Discussion' started by scythian, Jun 5, 2017.

1. scythian

scythian New Member

I started reading this after watching the first ep of the anime. So unlike most of the readers on this site I was unaware of the time it takes to translate a novel.... :(. I think with more people getting into the anime the demand for translation will increase.

I just want to know if there are any plans to increase the translation process. I think at the moment its 2 or 1 and a half years until the translation will be complete and knowing that I am pretty much dead inside.

Its a spectacular novel, and I wish I could read the entire thing please let me know if you have any info on the translation process, and if there is anyway we can increase it. (maybe even by donation Idk)

tbh I dont know how you can love reading and be content to wait this long for such a brilliant novel.... :(

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. Est

Est New Member

Artist
    It's actually going to take almost 3 years for the novel to finish being translated with a chapter a day. Adding more translators doesn't necessarily mean faster releases either, it's all relative.

3. Zerolight

Zerolight New Member

Wasn't it only 1 Translator nomyummi and editor Gravity Tales

4. SolonC

SolonC New Member

It's kind of strange to find out that on the Chinese official site, TKA charges reader from chapter 90 but on English official site it's totally free. That seems bit unfair.
    Also, Qidian now has their own international official site which translates most their famous titles officially, and apparently unlike Chinses site where most novels become pay to read once they reach a certain amount of words, everything on English site is free.
    Oh and that site is called Qidian International, in case you ever wanna give it a try.
    For your question, there are, but I'm not sure if they've been translated yet, or even if Qidian still has copyright on them.

BTW, Qidian International's genre base sucks! It sucks so fking hard! It's like it just got 6 genres, I mean 6? Chinses site has over 20 genres already! That even includes specified gaming type of novels such as competitive, Virtual reality, rebirth, etc. So yeah, it sucks!

5. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Administrator

Staff Member
    Home Page:
    It may sound like the translation is slow, but please think about it in context.

An average English novel is about 80,000 words. Each TKA chapter will is around 2,000 words.
    That means you're getting the content of a full novel every 40 days. That's pretty fast, especially when most authors release one or two books each year.
    Saying it's going to be three years for the novel to be translated is a bit inaccurate; TKA is the length of many, many novels combined.

It would be great for it to be sped up, but adding more translators doesn't necessarily increase the speed. Different translators have different translation and writing styles, and so great care must be taken to ensure consistency. Even then, the difference in writing style can't be erased, and it can be jarring for it to change back and forth between chapters.

Each chapter can take 2-3+ hours to translate, so doing one every day, seven days a week (Nomyummi isn't able to take a break at the weekend like most people) is already quite a commitment. Especially if a translator is already busy with education or a full-time job.