Question The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Wriess, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Wriess

Wriess New Member

Hello, i really love this story and i became very curious what exactly system ( evil lich or fate system currently) is. Is it Goddess Eich or my hint is wrong?

Ty for answer guys. And banzai for StareCleric and translation team.

2. maxx26

maxx26 New Member

The System is actually a remnant of the consciousness of the Goddess of Order Astrya. She no longer has any control over the whole Order system, however. In fact, Astrya ruled over 2 concepts: Time (Wind) and Space (Earth), while Cynthia rules over Life (Water) and Evolution (Fire). The whole game business is fake: her predictions are a spell of the highest order of Time and Space magic, a super-massive calculation process that created a simulation of the future. She just disguised it as a game (after taking over Roland, she had access to his memories, so she knew of the concept of gaming) to make it more easy for Roland to accept. The effort needed for such a simulation is enormous, which is why she can't just predict the near future for Roland all the time. In fact, with Roland actively opposing the events she predicted to oppose the 'bad ending', the currentevents are increasingly deviating from the predictions. It really makes no sense for her to redo one now, since Roland'sactions would just make the future deviate again.

The 'reward' system is actually akin to a wishing system. In fact, wishing magicactually exists in this world, so it's not that much of a deal. However, wishing magic is not popular because it obeys a concept of equivalence (worse actually: the price you pay tends to be bigger than what you can obtain). If you wish for power that you can't handle for example, you will indeed become powerful for a short while, before being overwhelmed by it and exploding. If you wish for riches, you'd be teleported straight into a gold mine... underground. In the end, anything you Can reliably obtain through wishing magic are something you can obtain with fewer issues through your own efforts. So in fact, even though Roland keeps attributing his fast past growth to cheating with the system, his growth back then was actually something he had the potential to achieve and that he earned. It has to do with the strands of causality or something.

In Roland's case, the 'points' correspond to how much he influenced the world. The price of anything provided through the system, in turn, is calculated according to how much influence it has on the world, as well as how easy it is to achieve that in the world without the system (ex.: whether the technology exists already or not). Take the example of the 'high-yield crops' he asked for: the effect of those crops on the world would have been enormous, potentially uprooting the feudal system, which is why it's so much more expensive than your average destructive weapon.

You can thank Mizura for the spoiler and can find more on the NU spoiler page

Wriess likes this.
  3. Wriess

Wriess New Member

Ty man, i didnt expect that Rolanded was scammed right from the start.

Autor of this novel is real gennius.