The Experiment Log of the Crazy Lich—No spoilers please

Discussion in 'General Novel Discussion' started by Etnalla, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Etnalla

Etnalla Member

Since nobody made one yet, I thought I'd go ahead and start the discussion thread for Crazy Lich! This story is my favorite on this site and I'm excited to see the thoughts everybody has on it! So, to start of the discussion, what's your favorite chapter? Mine is definitely Chapter 61:Infallible Diffindor!

2. Etnalla

Etnalla Member

Waiting for Crazy Lich updates is killing me! I need to see more of Roland greatness, Momo perversion, and Beifeng Beifeng-ness!

3. Jimminx

Jimminx New Member

Momo is cute... What do you mean Momo is a pervert?

4. Etnalla

Etnalla Member

No. Momo is a Gentleman.

5. Etnalla

Etnalla Member

Time for the knights to come home!

6. Etnalla

Etnalla Member

The Knights are Home! The Mist will rise agains!

7. Etnalla

Etnalla Member

Poor Darsos. King of the Winter Wolves? More like King of the Hidden Traps!

8. NoticeMeSenpai~

NoticeMeSenpai~ New Member

Chapter 131

First thing first, Roland displayed his shrewd personality once again. Manipulating the decreement of Law God, Wumianzhe, with his will is the second backdoor that we have seen from him so far. The first being able to send a God Envoy down, how he did it is still currently unknown but I speculate that he probably does it through the SYSTEM. It was a good idea to make use of the God's status to provoke the absolute reputation that Holy Light held, seeing how it wouldn't retaliate. However, by doing so, he is declaring East Mist Country to be at war with practically all of the world, Holy Light jobs would be constantly sent to suppress them behind the scene. This would spell a disaster, seeing how their current poverty state prevents them from going into prolonged skirmish.

Then there is Darsos, the man that was born under the Gay Star. In the original timeline he was fated to marry a androgynous male elf, but in this timeline where he met Roland who held the title of Star of Misfortune Aura, he was doomed to a harsher fate. He had sex with his uncle. Well, either way Darsos is probably going to die of blood loss when he puke out blood once he finds out the identity of Rosemary.

And Xueti!! It's been awhile since our Tauren stripper appeared, along with Fooldam and Magaret. The appearance of Fooldam and Magaret also signifies the presence of a nearby psychotic stalker, well, guess our Roland doesn't have to send the letter of his anymore. I'm looking forward to the appearance of our next Gentlemen :D

9. Etnalla

Etnalla Member

What's your favorite chapter?

10. pepto

pepto New Member

Well Darsos is going for a happy undead ex-male this time, instead of an unhappy live one (Victoria leading the dark elves now,) so the line of the Auland Emperors is probably coming to an end with this revision.

As long as the God of Law is undeniably just and there is no possible doubt of Wumianzhe's motives or honor, there shouldn't be too many problems at least with the God of Holy Light itself. Leaders are another matter, however, how can 'evil' (selfish) leaders exist in a church where everybody can detect evil? It's been stated many times how 'Heroic Spirits' =/= undead but I guess I'll wait and see how the author can write an antagonist from essentially a good church.

My questions about the series so far > I'm sure they'll all be answered eventually but I'm going to stick 'em up for possible discussion:

I'm kind of worried about Roland's contract with Auland where he signed it as 'Mist Country' instead of 'East Mist Communal Country' (so it wouldn't be a binding agreement to EMCC,) but if he's supposed to revive the Mist Country for his quest, would that bind Mist Country when it restarts then? Roland put his name on it as ruler too. What happened to that key anyways, did Darsos ever find all his ships trashed and stolen?

Seems the author has forgotten Roland is essentially 14 (looks 10) years old too. This should have caused a few issues with that ring and the various fights at night and/or not sleeping for a few days. I can only guess it wasn't worth even a Momo joke to mention, idk. Now that I think about it, he's probably getting close to 11 by now, haha~

I'm really wondering what happened to 'Rolo' that set Roland off as a lich. The timeline goes: Prince Roland > [2nd life ???] > Knight Rolo > Yongye? Ignoring the 2nd life, Rolo was a high ranking Knight of Holy Light, why did he go back to them in the first place, and then died(?) and suddenly Yongye'd it up and destroyed everything? There was mention of a betrayal but I'm unsure if that refers to Prince Roland's experiences or if there's more... MORE INFO PLZ!

Doesn't he have any 'good' titles he can equip? The only reason I can think that he sticks with these weird / detrimental titles is that it costs points to switch or something. He's gotten 3 titles just since leaving the Underground so he must have a pretty good selection of them kicking around after 300+ years...

@Etnalla: I liked the end of 'Decisive Battle' however I also really enjoyed Roland's daily quest 'helping old ladies across the street' where he was getting desperate because he ran out of old ladies and Diana (watching) nods her head, thinking 'This is how Roland should behave.'

Okay. Idk who will read this, if anyone (I just joined) but thanks for reading!

11. NoticeMeSenpai~

NoticeMeSenpai~ New Member

I guess that the contract will be voided. *Take note that I have absolutely no knowledge in the field of law* If you were to sign a partnership contract with person A for Company A at. say year 1900, and person A embezzled the money to set up an exact similar Company A in the year 1910, would the contract applies to the Company in 1900 or 1910? I would say it would only apply to the Company A in 1900, because they signed a contract with what they had at the moment, and not what will be in the future. Sorry if I can't express my idea properly.

With this regard, my thoughts were that Prince Roland+Knight Rolo=1st life, Yongye+Wumianzhe=2nd life, Shota Roland=3rd life.
    It was stated that Prince Roland was sent off for Holy Light training due to the prophecy. After training under Holy Light (Holy Son Soul Imprint acquired), Prince Rolo set off as Knight Rolo to have fun with Adam and co. Along the way, the news of East Mist Country getting backstabbed/invaded reached his ears. He abandoned everyone and ran back to his country and was killed in action (age 14). (Infallible Diffindor acquired)

Due to his immense hatred and grief, he rose as a Lich/Yongye and went on what he called "Chuuni" If the world reject us, I shall reject the world too!. During his time trying to get revenge, he met Harloys and learnt Undead Creation, Ice Magic and etc (Ice Treader Soul Imprint acquired). Then came Lisa looking for her onii-sama, but was accidentally killed by Grisa the Banshee. Her death woke Roland out of his revenge. Roland then attempted to give a middle finger to Ayers by reviving Lisa, but got bitchslapped instead and downranked from Semi-god, although he managed to somewhat save her by converting her into a half-demon.
    After saving Lisa, Roland tried to stop the Undead Calamity but to no avail. So he let Fooldam and Magaret slay him, but they predicted that he was going to fake his death so they took hold of his phlactery and imprisoned him under Liu Huang City.
    Cues Wumianzhe as he went Sim City mode. Along the way, his degraded rank got restored back to Legend, earning him his Judgement(? I can't remember the name of this Soul Imprint) Soul Imprint.
    Then he got revived as the current Shota Roland with 4 Soul Imprints. In my hypothesis, you don't need to restart your life everytime you wish to acquire a new Soul Imprint. I assume that the moment you reach Legend Rank, you would form your Soul Imprint. Hence, even if you were to downgrade your rank to Gold and then miracuously regain back your Legend Rank, you would be able to form another Soul Imprint.

Most of his entire life was spent as Emperor Yongye, so I guess nothing needs to be said with what kind of titles he can get from then. The other titles he could get during his time as Prince/Knight Rolo, probably boost his Holy Light power, and Wumianzhe's title probably boosting his Law power. But as to why nothing was mentioned about him having other titles may be a neglection by the author, or something to come in the future.

@Etnalla My favourite chapter was probably during the Infallible Diffindor. I mean, I could imagine Roland standing as Broskandar from Fate series in his Noble Phantasm, that is so fcking epic!
    The other moment was when Elisa beat the shit out of Annie saying People with no power proclaiming justice is nothing but a harm for others around them. It was quite philosophical and had a deep impact in the story. After all, this story constantly revolves about not having the power to bring about what you wish, so schemes and plots are always constantly at play.

12. pepto

pepto New Member

A reasonable argument, but I wouldn't assume how a 'devil contract' would view the agreement since Roland himself put his name and Mist Country on it. I mean if you sign an agreement say, to buy Josh's chicken, not knowing that Josh already ate his chicken, and he takes your money, wouldn't you have a claim on his next chicken, if he gets one? This sounds like a job for Wumianzhe~!

He did NOT go adventuring with Adam and Margaret before dying as Prince Roland at 14. That would have meant Adam got to Legendary at like 12 since he was younger than Rolo and Prince Roland's story involves years of fighting for Mist Country. The best reference I can find on a semi-quick search is chapter 62 the PS (from the author) says "The first time he died was at 14 years old. His second life would be mentioned later on in the series and his 3rd life is the one with his identity as an Adventurer named Rolo." Roland had 4 legendary imprints when he was recently reincarnated (ch78.) and I'm pretty sure 'Son of Light / Holy Son' = Infallible Diffindor since that was his first one. The timelines don't quite match up if you take Prince Roland dying 300+ years ago, and Adam and Magaret being ~130 years old either; so Roland was a lich for maybe around 100 years max. His second life must have been pretty long, or he spent a loooong time kicking around in that river. Or both.

At any rate, Prince Roland certainly died and he chose to follow the Holy Light again much later as Knight Rolo so wtf with his rather abrupt decision to go on a rampage when he became a lich...?? I anticipate something else the Church of Holy Light did, but again, detect evil should be able to flush out bastards from the hierarchy of the church pretty easily. I dislike forgetting basic rules of the world just to make dramatic plot. -.- We'll see!

It's even goofier than that, since he did indeed acquire 'Crown of Undead' (? I assume this is from Yongye but we don't know!) and 'Mark of Justice' after re-legendary-ing, but Knight Rolo doesn't seem to have gotten his own? @_@ Did Wumianzhe count as a separate existence when he became god-ranked?

Titles seem to be granted independent of what Roland /is/ at the time - Yongye might have been just as likely to get a title like 'Star of Misfortune' as any of the others. At any rate I hope the author elaborates on them at some point ;)

I'm rather disappointed Roland isn't trying to help Reyne take leadership of East Mist too, like he did for Annie. He's just taking the reins and we'll probably be reading a lot of 'sim city' again z z z

You *know* Roland's gonna end up a lich again before the end of this series...