Suggestions for Gravitytales on how to sell more ebooks therefore increase authors royalties

Discussion in 'General Novel Discussion' started by cequ, Feb 9, 2018.

1. cequ

cequ New Member

I'm on the side of the authors so I just want to help all the authors out if I can.

I believe my suggestions if implemented would have a positive impact for the authors and translators.

I pick Gravitytales as an example since they are releasing a lot of ebooks lately. My suggestion will also apply to other sites when they release a lot of ebooks (WW, QI, Volare etc..)

SUGGESTION #1:

how about adding Ebooks sub-section to Gravitytales.com?

Translated Tales
    Original Tales
    Ebooks
    Ranking
    About Us
    Forum

so that alll ebooks will gain more visibility? This will help all authors (Chinese authors, Korean authors, Original English authors) sell more ebooks. It will also help translators too since they get a share of the ebook royalties.

SUGGESTION #2

Please hire a professional cover art to do the ebook covers. Many Gravitytales ebook covers look very amateur. In order to sell ebooks, a great cover is a must. Make a great first impression. Some readers will selectively ignore crappy covers. So you are losing some potential buyers by making a bad first impression.

I believe you can get a good ebook cover for less than $100.

I did a quick search on kboards and they have a yellow page for cover art. There are hundreds of entries so pick some ones.

https://www.kboards.com/yp/index.php/?action=go&seq=&p_service=Cover Art&p_sort=name&p_search=&p_page=1

A quick search and I found some good covers for $45 and $75
    https://www.vividcovers.com/product-category/science-fiction-fantasy/

For example
    https://www.vividcovers.com/shop/cover-no-2007/
    $45 for this cover
    [​IMG]
    It would be great for
    A Dragon's Curiosity

versus this cover for A Dragon's Curiosity
    [​IMG]

One looks professional. One looks very amateur.
    Which will leave a good first impression for buyers?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. cequ

cequ New Member

Some more examples:

This $45 premade cover
    https://www.vividcovers.com/shop/cover-no-2046/

[​IMG]

or this $45 premade cover

[​IMG]

For A Dragon's Curiosity instead of

[​IMG]

How about something like this for King of Gods

$45 premade cover
    [​IMG]

$45 premade cover
    [​IMG]

or
    $45 premade cover
    [​IMG]

instead of what is currently being used?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  3. cequ

cequ New Member

Found some more good covers for $50

https://www.goonwrite.com/book-covers-fantasy_pre-made.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What is important in a fantasy series is that there is continuity / similarity in the Book Covers from Book 1 to book 2 to book 3 etc...

So it's best to hire the same cover art designer and have something similar for each book.

There is no continuity/similarity for King of Gods at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Despite the amateur covers with no continuity / similarity, King of Gods probably sold thousands of ebooks already.

Imagine what it could have sold if the covers are well made and are similar to each others.

4. cequ

cequ New Member

Learn from the best selling Xianxia authors on Amazon (he has made probably $250,000+ from the 4 xianxia ebooks on there)

Similar book covers.
    Same fonts for the author names and the title names.
    Continuity

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Compare that to something like King of Gods Book 1, Book 2, Book 3

It's kinda funny that the best selling Xianxia author on Amazon is American and not Chinese.

Anyway, I hope there will be more Chinese translated novels published as ebooks on Amazon. I support the authors so I hope they can earn more money. A rising tide lifts all boats so the more ebooks sold, the more the authors will make.

In the future, we will see Korean translated ebooks on Amazon as well since Munpia is now licensing novels to English sites.

5. Luiz H

Luiz H New Member

I agree. When I make my epubs I even scour the web for characters illustrations, but that's only my obsession. More importantly, I woud advice Gravity Tales to publish ebooks also as epubs in sites other than Amazon. If you don't have a Kindle, which I refuse to buy cause of the lack of epub support, it doesn't work (I know there is ways around that but it is time consuming and annoying).