Qidian

Discussion in 'General' started by Morinu, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Morinu

Morinu New Member

Hey so did I miss an announcement post on Qidian buying out translation licenses?
    e.g. ** Qidian International and the former translator, Mr. Strivon, have reached an agreement to buy out the chapters and host it in our site. We will be continuing the translation from the last chapter translated by Mr. Strivon **

I've found their website, are they planning to translate for free, without sponsored chapters or what? I don't get whats going on. Please help me and explain it to me :oops:

2. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 Active Member

they are the original owner of most of the novels that are being translated in the community... so they dont need to buy any licences...

they wanted it and gravity couldnt prevent it from going so they had to give it up, and so qidian approached the tl and made a deal with him (unknown to us what it was though)

Not much info what their plans are at the moment, however what is known is that at the moment they are using the free aspect to advertise that they are expanding and create a good brand image, and it is likely that next year or in 2 years those novels would go under a paywall as qidian would likely bankrupt itself if they actually were paying translators (unknown the cost per chapter unless you know someone that was contacted!!)... so for now nothing is known what it will be like but it is very likely that donation, paetron and ads will be introduced soon as it is a business and they are here to make money...

more news here; About Qidian International and Announcement about Qidian Int going up... 40 Millenniums of Cultivation official status

Morinu and dam1433 like this.
  3. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager

Wow. So much information, the "Active Member" on your account should be changed as "Information Guy" or "All Knowing Guy"

But seriously, thanks for the information. I'm not that new in Gravity and on reading web novels but this is the first time that I am hearing these things like Qidian is the original owners.

Thanks.

4. DeathStroke96

im on NUF a lot, and information goes around, so if i see some post that is very useful (pointless) i look at it... and since qidian is the new thing around, knowing stuff about it (still pointless) is somewhat okay...

5. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager
    but knowing something that other's don't is still something. XD

6. Morinu

Morinu New Member

Do you think Qidian will work in the western environment? Don't they have like 300.000.000 readers in China already? It's crazy how Qidian international only has like 250 likes on facebook right now..

7. DeathStroke96

they want to operate in multple different countries, their objective is to release novels in 10 different languages and the 250 likes, they just went up a few days ago and the amount of novels they have is limited so not much love for now!! but as they are contacting more and more translators eventually they will grow to a point very large existence, however this following year or so will be their opportunity to gather as many fans as possible before they force (ask) them to start paying if they wish to read on...

8. Silith

Silith New Member

Will all of the novels become paid or only some of them? Or will they become free after some time(a few years)?Or will those who pay get access to more chapters(like some Patreons)?