Question Novel similar to Kings Ava and Zhan Long

Discussion in 'General Novel Discussion' started by Tinybolt, May 28, 2017.

1. Tinybolt

Tinybolt New Member

First and foremost, thank you to the amazing translators!

I started reading Kings avatar and Zhan Long about 3 weeks ago and have unfortunately finished all the available content :(

Does anyone perhaps know which of the other translated novels also follow a similar story line as that of a RPG game system?

Ch1ki likes this.
  2. Sturmritter

Sturmritter Member

There are some Japanese light novels, like Sword Art Online that take place in a game. The plot is not quite like King's Avatar, but there is more romance.
    Also there is a story called Log Horizon which is more similar to King's Avatar concentrating on guild politics.

3. Tinybolt

Tinybolt New Member

Thank you for the response :)

Unfortunately I have watched both Sword Art online and Log Horizon!

4. Sturmritter

Sturmritter Member

Np. If you don't mind stories that are not game related, but theme related (OP MC that helps develop new talent), there is a great web novel called World Teacher - Other World Style Education and Agent.

Also, I like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Irregular at Magic High School) and Rakudai Kishi no Calvary(Tale of the Worst One), for this same theme.

5. firefox

firefox New Member

try rebirth of thief, the great thief, mmorpg rebirth of the legendary guardian and shuras wrath

6. BluebellBerry

BluebellBerry New Member

Overlord? Idk how no one's mentioned it. It's novel-based. Has a manga too but... so slow...

Also, maybe Tang Jia San Shao's novels (he has quite a few only Shen Yin Wang Zuo here though). They're not all game-based but game's essence still there (leveling up and break-thoughs present)

7. Igneel2000

Igneel2000 New Member

looking for one like Zhan Long? MMORPG : Rebirth of the Legendary Guardian is very very similar(except he comes from the future, this isn't a spoiler). if you have read Rebirth Thief, it is Zhan Long's and Rebirth Thief's love child.

8. Ch1ki

Ch1ki New Member

“Ark”, is a completed light novel series. Also “The legendary moonlight sculptor”. Both are great novels similar and are well written. There is also “reincarnation of the strongest sword god”, but it is far inferior to the first two I mentioned, because the author waffles too much. I hope that helps.