General I'm Really a Superstar- No Spoilers

Discussion in 'General Novel Discussion' started by Cohran, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Cohran

Cohran Member

Student
    Genres:
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Mature, Romance, Slice Of Life, Supernatural, Chinese

Original Synopsis:

Zhang Ye, whose only goal was to become a celebrity, had tunneled to a brand new Earth that was different.

At the radio station, during the host hiring interview:

A loud voice narrated, “Up above the sea’s grey flatland, wind is gathering the clouds. In between the sea and clouds proudly soars the Petrel, reminiscent of black lightning. Glancing a wave with his wingtip, like an arrow dashing cloudward, he cries out and the clouds hear his joy in the bird’s cry of courage. In this cry–thirst for the tempest!”

However, the interviewers of this world that had never heard of Gorky’s “The Song of the Stormy Petrel” and were so shocked that they stared with their mouths agape!

The story begins from here.

Author: 尝谕 (Chang Yu)

Translated by: Legge & CKtalon

Note: Copied from main site.
    Link

2. Cohran

Cohran Member

Student
    I honestly hate this novel. I "woke up" with bags under my eyes, a sore throat, a tummy ache, and complaints from my family. The epic level of face smacking had me laughing all night. I am still at book 2 but I am hoping for some sleep so I will go slowly this time.

3. decimatingsky

decimatingsky Member

"just a writer for fun"
    Home Page:
    I'm wondering if it's alright if I'm korean but still enjoy this novel. One word: aweful

4. Cohran

Cohran Member

Student
    xD enjoying something has nothing to do with nation. Just read some China bashing to ease your conscience if it bothers you too much.

I am looking forward to what Zhang Ye does to SART.

5. Morinu

Morinu New Member

I'm getting internal server errors / 404 not found errors starting from chapter 540? Anyone else having this?

6. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 Active Member

Wuxiaworld

7. Phlanix

Phlanix New Member

Can someone tell me why so many novels are moving to wuxia world was there some disagreement? It so sudden. im guessing they didn't like the ranking system since gravity would give us free chapters. in a way i could see how that could be potential loss of money.

8. DeathStroke96

Qidian - it's likely qidian wanted these three novels and gt and they couldn't get a proper deal unlike ww that already has an agreement with qidian which is a more secure place to host them (speculation) as qidian did make a video on their site from CC (author of MW and TMw) as well as IRAS which brought speculations - it's the same with radiant translations at the moment qidian said that they will be translating Battle Frenzy more Radiant decided to pump out 40 or so chapters within these past 2 weeks and are still planning on doing so... (still speculation don't quote me on anything said here)

Phlanix likes this.
  9. Phlanix

Phlanix New Member

i did notice a lot of novel going to Qindian, but i didn't think that they where hunting novels.

10. DeathStroke96

at the moment they are mostly after the popular example being the 40k cultivation that gravity had, plus tmw, mw and iras are extremely popular!! the amount of views those 3 stories brought GT could likely (guessing) on daily basis be that from all the other novels they have combined!! so it is no wonder that qidian would go after them as thats exactly what qidian needs views!!

11. MantouInv

MantouInv Editor

Staff Member Editor
    Qidian isn't touching anything with 100+ chapters

DeathStroke96 likes this.
  12. Phlanix

Phlanix New Member

isn't there anything gravity can do to protect themselves from having novel poached? after all it is their site who allowed translators to grow and have novels become so popular. it's kinda of unfair to have them come and poach novels.

13. DeathStroke96

Well if you read the comment above by mantou they don't need to worry about the novels with 100+ chapters but the ones underneath 100 chapters could face some issues, well not unfair as qidian is the owner of those novels, a way to handle it is most likely through copyrights buyouts. And from what I heard on Reddit from CKTalon the reason tmw moved was because he wanted to get a copyright bought for it...and ww is in a position to buy those copyrights

14. Phlanix

Phlanix New Member

I understand having a chinese copyright, but im not sure on this, but don't they need to have a worldwide copyright for said material else it can be freely translated and used in other countries? like Cinderella has all kinds of version world wide.