How do you name characters?

Discussion in 'General' started by ConfusedZombie, Mar 13, 2017.

1. ConfusedZombie

ConfusedZombie New Member

How do the authors find appropriate names for their characters? Like do they use anything to find an appropriate name?

2. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

ORM Manager
    Are you asking me?

Well, if I am going to write my own webnovel (which is currently impossible)

I would get unusual names, Like it should start with letter Z and ends with letter letter X. Zonrox, (oh God my naming sense is incredible XD)

But seriously, it would contant coolness of the MC. It would have this dependable impression, like a strong name that would mark in my readers mind every time they hear the title of my web novel.

3. ConfusedZombie

ConfusedZombie New Member

Ahahaha great naming sense. But my problem is even thinking up the name. And trust me i know how you feel. I can't decide on how to start this is what i got so far.

Prologue

Italics represent inner thoughts. The story will be in 3rd person. But with inner thoughts in 1st person here and there. If you get confused just ask questions.

It was just another normal day at the Bia medical clinic. Doctors seeing patients. Patients seeing doctors. Just run of the mill normal stuff.

Bia Qi just got done seeing his 5th patient for the day. It was a little old lady who got hit by a passing bicyclist. Minor injuries but was still good for her to decide to see the clinic.

Bia Qi couldn't help but feel content with his life. To him their is no higher calling than helping the sick and injured. There is a satisfaction for the soul when he is able to save someone from the clutches of death. While there is an adverse effect when he is unable to save someone when it was within his power to save them. It is a gut wrenching soul crushing pain to lose one of his patients.

"*Sigh* I can't get over losing Mrs.Cheng. I could have saved her. It was so simple but i lost her on the table anyway. What went wrong. *Sigh*"
    Last week Mrs.Cheng came in for a routine check up that showed she needed immediate medical attention. It was such a simple procedure that resulted in a fatality.

"Doctor Bia Qi. The husband of Mrs.Cheng is here to see you." Nurse 1 calls out.

"Ok, please send him in." Bia Qi states to Nurse 1

"I hope the death of Mrs.Cheng isn't hitting Mr.Cheng to hard."
    Mr.Cheng walks into the doctors office raises the gun in his hand says to doctor Bia "You should have saved her doctor. You should have saved my Fan'er. Now we both can go see her in heaven."

Two gun shots ring out in the office while the sound of two bodies slumping to the floor lifelessly.

The last thought that runs through doctor Bia's mind is "I don't blame you Mr.cheng. I don't blame you. If there really is a god i pray for you and Mrs.Cheng to reunite."

Darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The atmosphere reeks of hate and intent to kill. The two parties that are grouped up across from each other are mortal enemies. Only one clan can survive from this day fourth. No one knows what led up to this point and no one cares. All they have on their minds is "KILL. SLAY THEM ALL!!!"

A horn sounds ring out signaling the start of the war. Once the two clans clash the fighting is pretty intense.

The Bia Clan suffers a crushing defeat. Their enemy is particular ruthless where they pull the weeds from the roots. They plan to eradicate the Bia clan from the face of the planet.

A lone lanceman notices a toddler hiding in the bushes nearby. The man couldn't help but grin a ruthless evil smile. He starts to gallop towards the toddler. He calls out "Blame your ancestors for angering my Cheng clan." The toddler doesn't even have time to think before he is impaled by the lance.

Darkness.

But i'm not done with the toddlers part going to work on it some more.

4. neelstha

neelstha New Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017 at 7:54 PM