Question Did Webnovel steal from Gravitytales?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Setokayba, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Setokayba

Setokayba New Member

Well, I usually read some novels in 'webnovel' and noticed that they added the novels "The World Online" and "The Lord Empire" and I did not check but I think they are in the same chapter as here in Gravitytales, so it make me think that 'maybe' they decided to put a copy&paste. As I'm not sure if they have permission of the translators nor have a way to contact them, I decided to put the message here asking to confirm if they stealed or not, or if they asked anything or it's only my imagination.

2. nericen

nericen New Member

Well...some of the translators are posting about management changes at Gravity Tales. Some stories are being dropped and others co-hosted on Webnovel. I guess Gravity Tales has sold out?

3. Pizz001

Pizz001 New Member

QI ie Webnovel own 90% of gt , so its not like they are stealing stuff

4. Polt

Polt New Member

Gravity tales was pretty much bought out by webnovel. Worst part is they forced all the writers to sign new contracts and now 50% of books are going premium on webnovel by end of October and being removed from gravity tales. If you have not noticed most of them went premium by October 1st so gravity tales is pretty much dead now. Webnovel is now trying to buy WuxiaWorld now too so 2 biggest translatated web sights will have been bought out by webnovel. Really starting to hate webnovel personally. 25 cents a chapter for there premium is just stupid. Thank god can pirate all there novels.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  5. Pizz001

Pizz001 New Member

always a great idea naming the site your going to use to bypass qi/web novels site within a forum they run ..as reddit unhappily has been slowly giving in to DMCA's on a few subreddits read about that on the TorrentFreak news site /facepalm

6. Jurgen

Jurgen New Member

This buyout discussion was news to me till now. I was wondering why "Reincarnator" got the error 404 a few days ago.

7. Pizz001

Pizz001 New Member

it's been on reddit and novelupdates.com ( they have a mega post ) for all most 2 yrs plus as I even questioned GGP who claimed he had not sold out by him until 3 days later he admitted it on reddit and novelupdates i
    , you guys really need to check those places to see the real truth as to why a lot of stuff is moving or not being worked on

8. Polt

Polt New Member

Funny thing is people are making novels leave this sight faster. Top 3 votes books this month are now going premium on web novel the 1st of november. Other then virtual mage since they have a problem with the novels licence. So expect age of adept and lords empire to leave gravity tales on the first. I liked voting for my favorite web novels to help the translators win some money but no longer going to vote seeing as web novel using it to destroy gravity tales faster.

9. Pizz001

Pizz001 New Member

the problem is once it was sold to QI it was going to be on a downhill trip, no matter what GGP said and most of that was BS as you can all see now, the only way GT will live on it due to the deals with other company's that qi doesn't own , so they can do a deal and host here like a deadman land / neural zone ,

but even some of the good stories like Shen Yin Wang Zuo / Zhan long have stopped due to the tl'er's have RL stuff, its like come on gt your part of qi, and you could find a replacement team, that's a joke in its self

I can clearly remember all the huge promise qi and gt come out with and nada's happened, it shows they have no clue in any way on who to work or run a company outside of china's sandboxed internet , they claim they can't make cash , that's BS I happen to run and own my own it company , and there were are still are wat to make stuff free , build a bigger reader base and make cash

10. Polt

Polt New Member

Reason they don't get new translators is all authors on gravity tales had to buy the licences on the books. They where pretty much independent contractors. First thing web novel made all authors do was sign new contracts making web novel owned the licences not the translators. The up side for the authors is web novel pays them for every chapter they translate after that. That's why if you look at the popular novels on web novels if they miss there agreed on release rate more then 3 times new translators take over and they get rid of the old ones. Also web novel has been known to get rid of some translators that will not agree to put out more chapters if they feel that they are not releasing enough chapters a week. I not sure since don't read Shen Yin Wang Zou but they might not be putting out new chapters cause they refuse to sign new contract giving there novel licence to web novel would not be first time happened. Also reason Versatile Mage can not go premium cause the paper work for his licence had something wrong last time translator put out message.

Do not remember what novel was but was reading one on web novel that in top 10 in votes all time. Within first 500 chapters of web novel went through 4 translators. First got fired cause kept missing release schedule. Second got fired cause refused to release more then 3 chapters a week. Third have no idea why fired cause was only there for about 20 chapters. Finally 4th came on releasing 14 chapters a week and still translator for the novel with over 700 chapters.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  11. Pizz001

Pizz001 New Member

the Tl'er for Shen Yin Wang Zuo said in June he had RL stuff as I've followed from his 1st release on his own site,
    i believe ZL is in same limbo, but I've Ml'd that myself years ago now

The buying of the novel licence is a new one to me so cheers for that info, but I do find that very odd as the QI contract as per normal take back all rights inc the tl'd work from the team of tl' ers,

so that's a real piss take, to be honest as once it tl'd it all belongs to them ie QI anyway on all platforms,

why don't they give the licence for free as they get everything at the end anyway if it's a QI novel, I can understand having to buy it if it's a 3rd party novel but it makes no real sense for QI to charge the tl'er and then the tl'er lose all their rights once it has done, to myself qi should be giving the novel out to be down under a contract with them as they get the right back anyway, it should like a total rip off

well, your comment about Versatile Mage's paperwork being screwed up doesn't shock me after all the BS from the start of it , until the last 6 weeks or so ,

like just going off without leaving a comment,

saying 45 releases a month when we were lucky at one point to get 3 a month and then even after changing the 45 a month to 1 a day that didn't even work, which it a huge pity as the novels great, I've ended up tl'ing it myself up to yesterdays release 2549

I happily follow it here inc vote and would donate like I used to do with Shen Yin Wang Zuo on his old site and on GT,

but I now have a trust problem with the tl'er of QF, I've bought the books ( i was given them as a gift from my old dear) but due to the lack of respect towards the reader, i will not until i see a real change as its a pity as his work isn't bad ,
    just his releases are wishy-washy until that's fixed ,

i'm not going to waste my cash, and I give 2-3 Grimoire's a week to SSM on qi since after waiting for 2 yrs we can gifted stones to Subudai11 and Chrissy

and would do the same if the releases were on time and if he needs time off in fact tells use , so others and myself don't waste time

12. Larkafell

Larkafell New Member

Qidian want to make money and we help them when we voted for the novel ranking.
    That being said, they want to tap into the occidental reader pool for their web novel and promote it world wide. But with all the novel I saw and read to a certain point, it would mean for me to pay 5 to 10 dollar a day to keep up. I love mass realese but I have a life too and if I want to pay I need to work. I have no time to read 15 novel with 14 realese a week. And it is not by saying something and then telling us about the fine print that they earn thrust and a stable foot hold with the reader pool. And after sometime they could also unlock the premium. But I dout they'll do it.

Because from what I know the ebook realese from GravityTales won't go on to the next volume since they have gone premium on webnovel.

Well now I have been on Gravity tales since the first story Zhang Long. I've stay even after GT gave in to Qidian because they told us they would not take away the free reading. I have payed for certain e-book to encourage the translator and author. All that is left here that I read is Reccord of the Human Empreror, and I still wait for ebook version, it is my way of contributing.
    Zhang Long As been put aside for one thing or an other numerus of time, so I lost the interesse to read it, it is a shame the first novel on this site and still not nere complition What was it around 1500 chapter. Some other novel are/were good but there is few to no chapter update.
    What ever everyone has a life. And Gravity Tales has touch the end to become Ghost Tales. No more attracting, more deserting.

13. Polt

Polt New Member

The people they had to buy licence from to translate novels are the authors in China or Korea depending on novel. No one just let's you post there work without getting some money from it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 8:12 AM